Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Surgery Tenative For Tomorrow


Addison's surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids is tenative for tomorrow. The reason I say tenative is because we have all come down with the flu this week. It has been miserable around here. Thankfully Brian has dodged it by being in Tampa all week for work meetings.


Last Friday Addison had her pre-op testing. She received a finger prick to check her iron. Remember my phobia of needles and blood...well, guess who passed out at the pediatrician's office from hearing the finger prick...yours truly. What a sight, a mother on the peds exam table with an ice pack on the back of my neck and a nurse in the room monitoring me. Aye! Her finger prick showed low iron so the doctor sent us to the lab for a blood draw. I called my Mom and asked her to come along because I didn't want to be in the room for the draw. What an ordeal. They had to stick Addison 3 times due to her tensing up and moving. Poor thing :( The blood work finally came back late yesterday and the iron levels are good so pending her flu symptoms she will have surgery tomorrow. Extra prayers appreciated.

Once again big thanks to my parents for accompanying me to the doctor visits and taking care of us this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails