Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Closer to Finding Out An Answer


I had an appointment this morning with another ENT.  I was determined to get a second opinion because I wasn’t satisfied with the first ENT I visited. 
The Doctor reviewed my file before I arrived and after asking a few questions he stated that more than likely I have Meniere’s Disease.   


I didn’t tell him but when I had been researching my symptoms online several times my search ended with Meniere’s but I didn’t want it to be true because it’s a chronic condition that usually results in permanent hearing loss and continuous episodes of vertigo. 

He is sending me for a hearing test.  I don’t know if it’s in Jacksonville or Daytona because at this point my mind was thinking a million things.  He said that they are busy so it’ll probably be at least 3-4 weeks before I can get an appointment.  He stated that there are a couple indicators they look for in the testing to confirm the Meniere’s Disease.

In the meantime he said the easiest treatment is a low salt diet.  I will see him again in 4 weeks for a follow-up and finish my last physical therapy session this week.  He stated that people get results from the low sodium diet and worst case scenario I will need injections in the ear or surgery. 

Chronic…I hate that word.  The dizziness is horrible and I hate to think that I now have a chronic condition to live with…aye!  Hoping the low salt diet will provide some relief.


2 comments:

  1. Sara, I am so glad to hear that you may find some relief. I never was much for chiropractor's until after my husband who had been in an accident finally found relief after 15 years of misery. Poor guy had a shoulder injury and always in pain. Regular doctors couldn't fix it and he did not want to keep taking pain pill when it would flare up. Finally I told him call a chiroprator and see what he could do. After 2-3 treatments a week for a month weeks and then once a weekfor another month he finally had relief from the pain. I was amazed and he was to.

    I will be interested to see if the treatments will take care of your vertigo. I pray they do as I can't even imagine what you are going through. I had a friend in her 60's who had vertigo but they thought it was brought on by her MS. She was miserable.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good information Michelle! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails