Thursday, June 6, 2013

Honored to be a Godparent

This weekend my nieces will be baptized.  I am a godparent for Addy and I so badly wanted to be there.  My plan was to book a quick trip over the weekend.  I came to the realization that plans don't always work out as intended and once you have children the simplicity of catching a weekend flight isn't so simple anymore.  I tried every avenue but the fact of the matter is there is no one to watch the kids.  I'm upset and felt horrible when I had to tell my brother I wouldn't be there.  Times like this I wish family lived close by.  I never realized how much I depend on my parents when they are here, until they aren't.  Thankfully at the end of this month they will be moving to Florida for good.  This means so much to me to have them close by.  I had very fond memories of my grandparents growing up and I want the same for our kids.

I'll be there in spirit for the girls at their baptism and am honored to be a godparent.  Love those little girls so much!  The good news is that when my parents are here for good, Brian and I will be heading back to Nebraska this summer to visit friends, family and hopefully meet my birthparents! 
 photo twin1.jpg

 photo twins2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails