Thursday, November 8, 2012

Helping the Victims of Hurricane Sandy

Last week I had a friend in the New York/New Jersey area send out a request for donations for the victims of the hurricane.  I put a post on FB and within minutes I had people messaging me, commenting and texting me asking how they could help.  I received numerous donations on top of all the kids clothes I had stashed away.  Addison helped tape the boxes but of course she thought the clothes were for her and started modeling and trying on some of the donated items :-)  As I was packing I couldn't help but think of all the people without power, food, water, clothes, a home, etc.  And on top of the hurricane they then received a snowstorm yesterday.  How much can one take?!?!  I'm hoping the many warm coats, pajamas, gloves, etc will be able to help as many people as possible.  This is a time for everyone to pull together and help our fellow friends and neighbors in need.  If you would like to donate any items please leave a comment below with your email address and I will send you the addresses of people/places/organizations in need.  Please help!

1st Shipment of Donations
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails