Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Enchilada Casserole


ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Image Source

Ingredients:
1lb. ground beef (browned & drained)
1 (12-inch) pkg. tortillas
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 1/2 c. water (divided)
1 c. sour cream
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
1 can tomato sauce
1 c. salsa

Directions:
To the browned ground beef, add taco seasoning, black beans and 1 c. water. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Cover tortillas with sour cream. Spread on beef mixture (about 1/3 c. per tortilla). Sprinkle with small amount of cheddar cheese. Roll and place in a 13 x 9 pan. Continue until all the meat mixture is gone.

Mix together the tomato sauce, salsa and 1/2 c. of water. Pour mixture over the rolled enchiladas. Cover with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.


7 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I'm gonna try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...this is torture! I'm on the chicken and brown rice diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...that looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara ~ I'm a new follower (found you on Picket Fence Blogs) and I'd love to feature this recipe on my cooking blog...would you mind? (of course, I would link to your fabulous blog & give you full credit) My cooking blog: http://thatgirlcancook.blogspot.com

    Happy New Year. You can also find me at http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marie-Sure you can feature this recipe on your blog...I would love that!!

    Thanks,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippy! Thank you Sara...here is the link:

    http://thatgirlcancook.blogspot.com/2011/01/enchilada-casserole.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails